LogViewPlus Support

Further support for large files in Partial Open

https://www.logviewplus.com/forum/Topic121.aspx

By matt - 3 Apr 2019

Add a 500mb option to the dropdown

Also, we could do with a quick UI option that opens the previous or next chunk when you are using the Partial Open functionality
By LogViewPlus Support - 19 Apr 2019

Hi Matt,

I apologize for the slow reply on this one.  Our Forum is still new and for some reason we did not receive notification of this message.

A 500 MB option is an easy fix.  I will add that into the next release.

A previous / next option also makes a lot of sense.  I will look into adding this onto the context menu actions for the log file.  As we are a bit late in the current release cycle, this feature may need to wait for the following release.  I will take a look.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Toby
By LogViewPlus Support - 24 Apr 2019

Hi Matt,

I just wanted to let you know that we have implemented and released these changes in our latest BETA release (v2.3.6).  The "previous / next" chunk functionality was implemented off of the context menu when right clicking on a partially opened file.

Thanks again for the feedback!  Please let me know if you have any further questions or issues.

Toby
By matt - 24 Apr 2019

Thats great Toby

Thanks very much
By LogViewPlus Support - 24 Apr 2019

No problem.  Please let me know if you have any further issues or suggestions.

FYI, we found a bug today with this feature where it is not working with remote log files (via FTP / SFTP).  We will fix this issue before going live, so it should be resolved in the next few days.

Toby
By LogViewPlus Support - 29 Apr 2019

Hi Matt,

I just wanted to let you know that the remote file issue mentioned above has been resolved in our latest BETA release - v2.3.7.  It should all be working fine now.

Thanks again,

Toby