LogViewPlus Support

Log Files & Filters panel configuration

https://www.logviewplus.com/forum/Topic277.aspx

By marcin.wrazidlo - 31 Jul 2019

I monitor a couple of servers, reading logs from them. I have dev, test and production servers. All of them have the same file names for logs. Is there a way to automatically modify displayed file name in workspace depends on a workspace or location? 

By LogViewPlus Support - 31 Jul 2019

Hi Marcin,

You can manually rename files and this will not impact the underlying file name but, unfortunately, there is no way to do this automatically.

I think this is a good idea and I will have a think about how this feature might work.  The trick is implementing it without overcomplicating the application.

Thanks for the feedback!

Toby
By LogViewPlus Support - 1 Aug 2019

Hi Marcin,

I have been giving this some thought.  I was thinking that we could add the ability to right click on a file and assign it to a group which would then act like a folder in the Workspace view.  Groups could be preset in settings so this operation can be done in three clicks.

It is not automatic, but I think it is a step in the right direction.  Would this solution work for you?

Thanks,

Toby
By marcin.wrazidlo - 2 Aug 2019

until this grouping will be saved in workspace yes.
So to clarify, I open logs in different locations, I group them and saving as one workspace.
This will help me lots, as often running a couple of servers logs the same time from different locations and comparing entries.
By LogViewPlus Support - 12 Sep 2019

Hi Marcin, 

I just wanted to let you know that the grouping feature discussed above is now available in our beta release

You can find the feature in the log file context menu:

Hope that helps.  Please let me know if you have any further issues / thoughts / comments.

Thanks,

Toby