LogViewPlus Support

logger in template not saving correctly

https://www.logviewplus.com/forum/Topic303.aspx

By marcin.wrazidlo - 20 Aug 2019

I have a template with filters, which I apply to each log file. Levels work fine, but loggers not. I have one logger what I monitor on each of file.
Each time I open a log file on a workspace, I have to edit logger to filter correctly. Instead of c.a.a I have AwQCAAAABAEBAA==
By LogViewPlus Support - 20 Aug 2019

Hi Marcin,

So, the problem is that the logger filter does not work when the workspace is restored - is that right?

What version of LogViewPlus are you using?  Does the problem happen every time you restore the workspace? 

Thanks,

Toby
By marcin.wrazidlo - 20 Aug 2019

Hi Toby
Yes, logger filter not restoring correctly. Many times I save/update template to store correct logger filter but each time I restore workspace and apply filter template on it, the logger has weird value. And this happens each time I apply this template to any of workspaces.  
I'm using version 2.3.21
By LogViewPlus Support - 21 Aug 2019

Thanks for the update Marcin.

I am having trouble recreating the problem locally.  I think this may be a string encoding issue.  What locale are you in?  Logger strings are currently saved as UTF-8.  Can you please try:

1.  Saving your filter as a template and then applying the template.  Are you able to recreate the problem this way?  For more information on using templates, please see:  https://www.logviewplus.com/docs/save_and_share_filters.html

​2.  Refreshing the log file (F5) after the template has been applied.  Does this recreate the problem?​​​​

Thanks,

Toby​​​​
By marcin.wrazidlo - 22 Aug 2019

Hi Toby
This is code for template:
<!-- Begin LogViewPlus Template -->
LVPTPd416eQChHBo58ibXCAH9AwEB/f4AAQAAAApDT1BZX1BBU1RF7gUAAAApJQAAAAEEAgAAAAMcARBBUWtCQUFBQUJBSUFBQUF
BAwQFAAAABAEBAAApJQAAAAEEAgAAAAMcARBBUWtCQUFBQUJBTUFBQUFBAwQFAAAABAEBAAApJQAAAAEEAgAAAAMcARBBUWtCQUF
BQUJBUUFBQUFBAwQFAAAABAEBAAApJQAAAAEEAgAAAAMcARBBUWtCQUFBQUJBVUFBQUFBAwQFAAAABAEBAABBPQAAAAEEAgAAAAM
0AShBUkJCZDFGRFFVRkJRVUpCUlVKQlFUMDlBd1FDQUFBQUJBRUJBQT09AwQCAAAABAEBAAAAAA==
<!-- End LogViewPlus Template -->

What now I see, my logger text is taken from the end of this template.
wrong text in my logger is: AwQCAAAABAEBAA==
I made bold text in template code to show similarity.

regarding 2
Pressing F5, refreshing, etc doesn't help at all.

By LogViewPlus Support - 22 Aug 2019

​​Hi Marcin,

​​If I modify the filter and then reapply it - everything seems to be working correctly.  It seems the save is corrupted and I am not able to determine exactly how this occurred.

Can you please modify the workspace, re-save it and check if the problem persists? 

Thanks,

Toby​​​​
​​​
By marcin.wrazidlo - 22 Aug 2019

I have recreated template and it's looking ok now, will check more and will let you know if a problem will happen again.
By LogViewPlus Support - 23 Aug 2019

Thanks for the update Marcin - glad to hear you got it working.

This looks like a compatibility break between different LogViewPlus versions.  I think the problem is most likely related to the 2.3.16 release which contained an issue with logger and thread persistence (fixed in 2.3.18).  I will look to improve our testing to ensure this kind of problem doesn't happen again in future.

Thanks again,

Toby​​​​

​​