LogViewPlus Support

Multi-select on column view

https://www.logviewplus.com/forum/Topic374.aspx

By BobT - 11 Dec 2019

Hi,

Brand new to LogViewPlus (3 hours) and am unable to find a way to uncheck more than one column at a time in the "Columns" menu or a way to select specific columns with a filter.  I've checked the documentation and this forum but didn't come up with anything, perhaps just overlooked existing methods.

Thanks,

By LogViewPlus Support - 11 Dec 2019

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the feedback.  I hadn't thought about the need to select multiple columns at the same time before.  Seems obvious when you mention it.  :-)  I will take a look and see if we can improve that in a future release.  In the meantime, I would recommend dragging the columns "up" and dropping them when you see the X.

There are several ways to search in a column.  The text filter has a source field that lets you specify the column.  You can also right click on the column header and select "Find in Column".

Hope that helps,

Toby
By BobT - 11 Dec 2019

Perfect!  No need for multiselect, the drag and drop works good enough.  I'll check out the filter method you suggested.
By LogViewPlus Support - 11 Dec 2019

Glad to hear that helped - thanks for letting me know.

For future people who find this thread, I just remembered that you can also modify columns by right clicking on the column and selecting the Column Chooser.  This opens a dialog with all available columns and you can either drag and drop, or right click on a column name to add it.