LogViewPlus Support

Avoid that the [Del]-key closes the current view

https://www.logviewplus.com/forum/Topic569.aspx

By MatthiasB - 10 Jun 2020

Hi LogViewPlus-Team,

is there any chance to configure that the [Del]-key is not closing the current view.
I like to use the "Auto Filter" function. As soon as I do have my needed results I mark all text in the Auto-Filter and click the [Del]-key. My expectation is that it just clears the line like when using the backspace-key. Unfortunately every time I am tricked that my log is closed. ;-)

If there is a way to change it that would be much appreciated.
I enabled the option "Use 'ESC' key to close views." but the [Del] key stays active.

Side note:
When selecting text in the "Auto Filter" function there is no visible effect on the marked text like a changing background color. This is a bit confusing.

Thanks,
Matthias
By LogViewPlus Support - 10 Jun 2020

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Rather than disabling the Delete / Close feature, I think it would be better to handle this as a bug.  Pressing Delete inside of an auto-filter should not close the view.

I will take a look.  Hopefully we can get this fixed for the next release.

Thanks,

Toby
By LogViewPlus Support - 29 Jun 2020

Hi Matthias,

I just wanted to let you know that we have now released LogViewPlus v2.4.36 as a BETA release.

This release fixes the issue with closing views when the delete key is pressed inside of an auto-filter.  Unfortunately, there is now a bit of a problem with the delete key in auto-filters - the key is not being recognized.  We spent some time investigating this, but I was not able to find a solution.  For now, I think the solution implemented is an improvement, but more work is needed.

Hope that helps,

Toby