LogViewPlus Support

Thousands separators in grid view

https://www.logviewplus.com/forum/Topic1440.aspx

By av2408 - 11 May 2022

Hello.
Is there a way to see long numbers in a grid with thousands separators: "3,434,008.09"? 
Thank you.
By LogViewPlus Support - 11 May 2022

Hi Av,

Sorry - I am not sure I understand the question.  In general, column data is displayed as it is parsed.  If you have a grid with a large number of columns, maybe enabling horizontal scrolling will help?

I might be able to understand the problem better if you could capture a screenshot of the problem you are seeing.

Thanks,

Toby
By av2408 - 12 May 2022

Hi Toby
I mean just how numbers displayed in the grid.
Here is an illustration of what I mean:

I found Settings -> Application -> Date & Time menu with the detailed date and time display format.
Is there a similar way to set format for numbers?

Thank you,
Andrii.
By LogViewPlus Support - 13 May 2022

Hi Andrii,

Thanks for the clarification.  Sorry I misunderstood your original question - crystal clear now.  :-)

This is not currently possible, but I can see why it is needed.  I think we could add a "numeric display format" field to the Log Entry Display -> Grid settings.  I will take a look and see what we can do for the next release.

Thanks again,

Toby
By av2408 - 13 May 2022

Thank you very much, Toby!
LogViewerPlus support is cool.

Andrii.
By keli - 18 May 2022

Andrii, if you're willing to try a bit of coding, it should be very simple to put together a custom post processor to solve this.
I'm not much of a coder, but with the given samples I was able to put together much more complicated customizations as well, relatively easily.
By av2408 - 22 May 2022

Thank you, Zoltan Kelemen for the advice.
I'll try to watch inside code examples.