LogViewPlus Support

How to delete many filters/log files at once?

https://www.logviewplus.com/forum/Topic704.aspx

By Blaž Cegnar - 27 Jul 2020

I'd like to be able to delete many log files/filters at once by selecting them from the list and pressing delete. When multiple files/filters are selected, you could also add the merge command to the right-click menu.

By LogViewPlus Support - 27 Jul 2020

That's a really good point Blaž.  Single selection has been a core part of LogViewPlus for such a long time that I had not thought to challenge it.

It is a big change as it impacts all commands.  At a minimum, most would need to be disabled when using multiple selection, but I can definitely see where it would be helpful and powerful. 

Let me have a think about this one and get back to you.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Toby
By LogViewPlus Support - 29 Sep 2020

Hi Blaž,

I have taken a look into this feature request.  The change for multiple selection and delete was relatively straight-forward.  Unfortunately, this change had several unexpected consequences in the application which were both difficult to detect.  Changing the tree list behavior in this way broke a lot of core assumptions.  For this reason, the change had to be rolled back.

I like the feature, but we will need to think a little bit more about the best implementation.

Hope that makes sense.  Thanks again for the suggestion. 

Toby
By LogViewPlus Support - 28 Jan 2024

I just stumbled on this old thread.  For anyone finding this post, it is worth noting that multiple file deletion is now supported in the multi-select menu.