LogViewPlus Support

Connect the FileViewPlus to a database for increase performance and increase limit tracking?

https://www.logviewplus.com/forum/Topic1205.aspx

By Sunny - 6 Oct 2021

Hi,
Still very happy with your software, ´have already introduced it on my workplace Smile

Anyway, it might say clearly somewhere but i cant find it. Is it possible to connect LogViewPlus to its own database? pref MS SQL.
And maybe increase limit tracking and make it a bit easier on the client computer?
By LogViewPlus Support - 6 Oct 2021

Thanks Sunny - glad to hear you are finding LogViewPlus helpful.  Smile

LogViewPlus can read log entries from a database, but it sounds like you want to write data to the database.  I am not sure this makes sense for LogViewPlus as we actually write very little data (only application settings).  What is it you are trying to do?  Writing to a database would not help with performance.

Hope that helps,

Toby
By Sunny - 6 Oct 2021

Many thanks man!

When im saying writing to DB i mean that i want the file parser to write the selected information and upload it to the database.
But i have to admit, databases is not my area, so i might thinking wrong here and there is a better way to do it?
By LogViewPlus Support - 6 Oct 2021

I am not sure that kind of functionality makes sense at this stage.  However, as LogViewPlus adds more reporting features, it might be a good fit.

In the meantime, I would recommend copying (Ctrl+C) the rows you are interested in tracking.  Alternatively, you can export log entries or save your analysis.

Hope that helps,

Toby