Undock Log View Entry

Author
ianvanwijk
New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
First I would like to say the I do enjoy using the log viewer a lot!

I do not know if this is currently possible. Occasionally I do need to undock the "Log View Entry" panel because my log entries are too big to either scroll and view the content of the "Log Entry Grid" or to make the "Log View Entry" large and the "Log Entry Grid" small.
The problem with the first option is that there is a "snap" scroll enabled that I cannot disable. At least I could not find where I can disable it.
The problem with the second option is that because of the toolbar it takes quite a lot of real estate of the screen.
For that reason, I would like to:
- Have the possibility to undock the "Log View Entry" and move it to a separate monitor
- Have the possibility to disable the "snap" scroll functionality
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Ian,

Glad to hear you are finding LogViewPlus helpful.  :-)

LogViewPlus does not currently support undocking the Log Entry View.  For very large individual log entries, I would recommend opening them in a text editor with F8:

The text editor used is the Windows default, but this can also be configured separately in LogViewPlus.

LogViewPlus automatically enables auto-scroll when the last log entry in the view is selected.  An arrow icon will appear in the navigation bar when auto-scroll is enabled. 

To disable auto-scroll, either select any other log entry, or temporarily disable Tail with F6.

Hope that helps,

Toby

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...