Highlights in 2.6

Author
Zoltan Kelemen
Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello!

I seem to have odd issues with highlights in my logs since upgrading to 2.6. 
Not all highlights are correctly visible in the grid view, although it does seem to change the font size of the columns containing a highlighted word.

(I do use multiple search terms, additional highlighted terms, as well as a rather complex parser rule all at the same time on merged logs. not sure if either of these are at fault)

Attachments
Screenshot 2022-04-05 170407.png (147 views, 116.00 KB)
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for reporting this issue. 

Unfortunately, this is a known regression in the 2.6 release.  We have been able to fix the issue, but we are still 2 - 3 weeks away from the next release.  In the meantime, the best I can suggest is to revert to 2.5.51.

Hope that helps,

Toby
Zoltan Kelemen
Zoltan Kelemen
Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)
Hi Toby,

I'm afraid the highlight issues are back in 2.6.3 (2.6.1 seemed to be fine earlier)
I'm seeing problems in the grid especially, for merged logs files.

Cheers,
  Zoltan
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I have just tested this locally and it seems to be working ok.  This might be an new issue. 

There is a new setting in 2.6.3 to disable DirectX rendering:

If you disable this setting and restart LogViewPlus, does this resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Toby
Edited 2 Years Ago by LogViewPlus Support
Zoltan Kelemen
Zoltan Kelemen
Yes, I can confirm it's much better without enhanced rendering.

When enhanced rendering is enabled, it seems to occur both on single logs as well as merged logfiles (my previous assumption was incorrect).
It shows up in custom fields, where the highlight is wrapped and not in a single line.

In the message field (of the grid), with enhanced rendering there's the same issue, however, some highlights come and go depending on the "Message size" setting (even though highlighted text should still be visible). Seems like the highlighting task cuts off at less characters than the display?

Large and above (every highlight visible on the grid):

Medium:

Small, same highlights. Red and yellow items visible in the grid (lines 2-6), but not highlighted.

And also small, but with DX enhanced rendering enabled - see in particular the two custom columns/fields
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Thanks Zoltan.

This looks like a separate issue.  If possible, could you send me a sample log file over email?  That would help with the investigation.

The issue appears to be related to highlighted text that is also wrapped. 

Thanks,

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...