Unable to open recently saved workplaces - Error : the given path's format is not supported.

Unable to open recently saved workplaces - Error : the given path's...
Author
gtamas
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I am unable to open recently saved workplaces. 

I am getting the Error : the given path's format is not supported message for any newly saved workspace.

Exact steps that I am following to reproduce this:
Open a couple of log files.
Merge them by double clicking and saving them - does not matter if I set a custom name or not.
Save Workspace.
Close workspace.

When trying to open the workspace again - the error pops up.

I've re-installed the app. I've changed the Working Directory via settings. Error still persists.

Edited 2 Years Ago by gtamas
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Gtamas,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I can see the problem from the error report you submitted and I have put in a fix at the point of failure. However, I cannot recreate the problem locally. 

The issue is happening because a URI is being used to reference a local file at a point where this is unexpected.  How exactly are you opening the files you use to save the workspace?  Are all files local?

This issue was introduced in 2.6, so reverting to 2.5.51 should help as an interim solution.  A fix for this issue will be available in the next LogViewPlus release in approx. 2 weeks.

Thanks again,

Toby
gtamas
gtamas
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you for the follow up Toby.

All files are local.

I open LogViewPlus -> open log file -> navigate to this pc- > drive\path.
I've tried opening files directly saved under drive C for example or files located under nested folders but it makes no difference so far.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Thanks for the update.  I have now been able to recreate the issue and am confident the implemented fix will resolve the issue.  

This problem looks to be specific to opening compressed files through a workspace.  I was not able to recreate the issue with a *.log file.

Toby
Edited 2 Years Ago by LogViewPlus Support
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...