Email notification when log stops

Author
elock91
New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello
I am trying to set up an email notification which triggers after a period of inactivity (30 seconds) on a log file. The notification part is set correctly but cannot find a way to set the correct rule. Any advice?
Many thanks
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
That's an interesting use case which I am afraid will not currently be possible.  The problem is that events are currently based on data contained in the log file.  In this case, you need the event to be raised by the lack of new data.

I can see where this would be helpful in some scenarios involving application monitoring.  I will try and think of a way to raise these events (or non-events) without impacting performance or increasing application complexity.

Hope that helps.  Thanks for bringing this use case to my attention.

Toby
elock91
elock91
New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)
Hello
Just a follow up to this previous enquiry and if a solution was ever found?
Many thanks
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Thanks for chasing this one. 

We evaluated the work involved and the plan is to add a Positive and Negative Alert.  Negative alerts will be raised once when no log entries are detected and again when a log entry is found.  Unfortunately, this work has not yet been actioned.

I can see this is important for you.  I will take a look and see if we can squeeze it into the next release.

Thanks again,

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
We have now released LogViewPlus v3.0.14 as a BETA release.  This release breaks notifications into either Positive or Negative.  Negative events fire when no events are detected and again we they are restarted.

Hope that helps,

Toby
elock91
elock91
Hi Toby
Just a quick follow up message to say this feature addition works great and is really appreciated.
Many thanks.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Glad to hear that helped - thanks for letting me know!

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...