MongoDB as data source

Author
Ifrit Kiselmann
New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I use JSON for formatted logging and have good experience using MongoDB to store my logs.
I can search and index for nested properties in JSON.
What do you think about supporting MongoDB as a data source for LogView Plus?
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Ifrit,

Thanks for the suggestion. 

I am not sure there would be enough demand for full Mongo DB support, but this is something you could write yourself with a Custom Reader.  Create a configuration file with the settings you need for DB access (including search criteria) and then use opening the configuration file as the trigger for the reader.  This approach is similar to the example provided in the documentation.

We have made API changes in the 3.0 BETA release of LogViewPlus.  The BETA release is recommended for all new component development.

Hope that helps,

Toby
Edited 2 Years Ago by LogViewPlus Support
Ifrit Kiselmann
Ifrit Kiselmann
New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you very much,
I will try to make experience with writing a custom reader.

Ifrit

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...