"Log Files & Filters" on the left side not visible

Author
CodeBreaker
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Probably it is just me being too stupid (or too tired, it is way too late to be working 😉) but I just installed LogViewPlus on my laptop and the Sidebar on the left, showing Log Files & Filters is not visible when a log file is opened.
I can not find any option to enable that.
On my desktop computer it is visible.
I know you can "fold" it, so there is only a small gray bar, but that is not the case here. It is just completely gone.
What can I do to get that sidebar to show up?
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Thanks for reporting this issue.

We have seen this issue in development and it is something we are investigating for the next release.  In development, the issue occurs intermittently and the indicator bar will reappear if we switch views a few times.  Are you seeing the issue intermittently?  What happens if you change views?  You might also be able to resolve the issue by refreshing the file.

The problem is probably related to a timing issue when loading the file where, at the point where the decision is made about showing the indicator, no data is found.  We may need to resolve the issue by always showing the indicator, but this still needs to be decided.  Regardless, the issue should be resolved in the next release.

Hope that helps,

Toby
CodeBreaker
CodeBreaker
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Right now I have no access to my laptop. I will give it an other try later.
Yesterday I restarted the programm and loaded multiple different files, without that bar ever showing up. It is a very old, slow laptop. (i5 4210U)
I am using it as a server because I don't need a lot of performance and it uses very little power.
Maybe the low performance has something to do with "encouraging" the timing issue?
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Thanks for clarifying.   It is very possible that the slower load is encouraging the issue.  

We have a BETA release planned for later this week.  I will make sure we investigate this issue and post back here.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
After some investigation, I believe this is due to corruption in the layout.xml file.  Please make sure LogViewPlus is not running and then delete the file at: 
%AppData%\LogViewPlus\layout.xml

That should resolve the issue.  It is not clear why the initial corruption occurred, but it is possibly do to a versioning upgrade issue in a third-party library.  I have updated LogViewPlus to be more aggressive in removing this file if an issue is detected.  That won't prevent the issue, but it should resolve it automatically after an application restart.

Hope that helps,

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...