Can only have one defintion for .log

Author
dennisl68-castra
Gaining Respect (109 reputation)Gaining Respect (109 reputation)Gaining Respect (109 reputation)Gaining Respect (109 reputation)Gaining Respect (109 reputation)Gaining Respect (109 reputation)Gaining Respect (109 reputation)Gaining Respect (109 reputation)Gaining Respect (109 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When trying a different output format for my log files I noticed that LogViewPlus was locked on the old definition from the previous format used. I assume it's pretty easy to change the default configuration for .log.

But what if I have more than one system I need to monitor and the other system is using another format for .log?
How do I handle that?
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
It would be best to leave the default configuration for *.log.  Instead, you should add a parser configuration according to the full log file name.  Please see the Log Parsers documentation for more information.

It is possible to have multiple configurations for the same target file pattern, but this approach would not be recommend for a generic file name pattern.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...