App Hangs when create a Parse

Author
ferarg
New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello

I'm IT, we use an old internal app to read log, developed long time ago from one of our developers, and I'm looking for a replacement.

I found your app, LogViewPlus, and can be a replacement of our old application, I'm dealing with it, and it's a great app, but I have some issues.

I'm creating one log parse, using only one log record to create it, and the app hangs, I don't know if is app version, that is limited, and maybe the app with license will work fine, could be?

Thanks for your info
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Ferarg,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.  An application hang is very unusual.  Where exactly does the application hang? While you are creating the parser configuration, or while parsing the log file?

If you can send me a few sample log entries and the parsing configuration you are using, I can try to recreate.  I am very happy to help you create a parsing configuration that works for you.

There is no difference between the trial version and the paid version - so I don't think that is the issue.

Hope that helps,

Toby

Edited Last Year by LogViewPlus Support
ferarg
ferarg
New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)
Hi Toby

Thank you for your reply.

The app hand (I tested in 2 win10 computer), with similar troubles.
The app hangs when I'm creating the parse. To create the parse, first I use an example log file with only 2 records in it.
I attach a sample, with a couple of lines with logs, in the example I add, are a few lines, but each log files got almost 17K lines.

Edited Last Year by LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Thanks for the update Ferarg.  I have received the sample log file and updated your post to remove the original link.

This file parses OK for me.  I was unable to recreate an application hang. 

The file is a little tricky to parse.  I am parsing with a PatternParser with the configuration:
[Date: %d{yyyy-MM-dd}][Time: %d{%H:mm:ss.fff}][Category: %S{Category}][Group: %S{Group}][Level: %S{Level}][File Name: %S{Name}] [Line Number: %S{Number}][Thread: %S{Thread}][Process: %S{Process}][Site: %S{Site}][Instance: %S{Instance}][System: %S{System}][Version: %S{Version}]%m%n

The application shouldn't hang and I would like to get that fixed.  Is there anything else you can tell me to try and recreate the issue?  I created the example configuration using the first two records provided in the Parser Wizard.  The Wizard complained about a specifier being opened (which wasn't very nice), but otherwise parsed the log entry without issue.

Hope that helps,

Toby
ferarg
ferarg
Hi, Toby

Yes, our logs are triky and every service (more than a dozen services we need to "read" them logs are different)

I'll test as soon as possible

Thank!

ferarg
ferarg
Hi, Toby

Great, work amazingly great!
I open 77 log files, more than 350K record lines, amazing!!

If try to open the logfile zipped, the app couldn't open it, The files ziped in windows server.

And never stop

Edited Last Year by ferarg
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Glad that helped.  Smile

Not sure what the problem could be with the zip file.  Maybe an issue with the download?  Try copying it to your local machine first and see if that works.  Also, make sure the zip file is valid and LogViewPlus can read the contents.  I think we will need to work backwards to see where the problem might be.
ferarg
ferarg
Thanks for all!

Still testing, thank you for your time.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...