Fonts too large in hidpi mode

Author
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)
Group: Moderators
This issue has now been addressed in LogViewPlus 3.0.21 currently available as a BETA release.  We are looking to push this version to a full release later this week.  

During testing, we found it best to disable DirectX rendering.  This will be the new default setting, but you may need to modify it manually if it has been set previously.

Apologies for the delay in addressing this issue.  We made two mistakes: the 3.0.16 release was inadequately tested for DPI issues and we miscategorised the initial bug report as a known issue rather than a regression.  We will watch out for those mistakes in future.

Thanks for your help!

Toby 
sirlogalot
sirlogalot
Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I can confirm the beta works for me with DirectX off.
Thanks!

Edited 10 Months Ago by sirlogalot
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)
Glad to hear it - thanks for letting me know!

Btw - you win the award for best forum name.  Makes me laugh every time.  Smile
Tori B
Tori B
New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I can confirm that the beta works fine for me when enable dynamic display res scaling is ON and DirectX is OFF - I'm good thanks!

(Just in case you wanted to know, it still does NOT work when DirectX is on.  If I were you guys I'd consider disabling DirectX enhanced rendering if the scaling in windows is set high.  You know someone in the future will go in and check something that says "enhanced" and you'll continue to get support posts)

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Thanks Tori - that's an interesting point.

Given that LogViewPlus can be dragged between monitors with different scaling options, I am not sure that disabling the setting is the right thing to do.  Instead, I think we could add a warning if the option is selected when the current display is scaled to say something like, "DirectX rendering may not scale properly on high resolution displays."

Thanks for the suggestion!

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...