Auto-resizing columns causes the currently selected file/filter to change

Author
sirlogalot
Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When you double-click on the column header resize handle to auto-resize the column to fit the contents, it does the auto-fit, then it changes the currently selected log file or filter.

If I have this in the Log Files & Filters panel:

File 1
File 2
  Search 1
     Search 2
Merged Log Files
   Search 3

These are the scenarios I'm able to repro the bug in:
1) Search 2 is active, then double-click to auto-fit, the active file will change to the top-most parent, File 2.  If I double-click to auto-fit again, it resizes without changing files.
2) Search 3 is active, then double-click to auto-fit, the active file will change to the top-most parent, Merged Log Files.  Double-click to auto-fit again, the active file will change to File 1.

Expected result: The active file does not change when columns are auto-resized.

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. 

I have been able to recreate the issue and have implemented a fix which will be available in the next release.  Hopefully we will have v3.0.18 available as a BETA release early next week.

In the meantime, I would suggest you resize the columns using drag / drop rather than double-click.

Thanks again!

Toby
Edited 10 Months Ago by LogViewPlus Support
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...