License is not valid for this version.

Author
dv1sual
Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Good morning,

I bought an individual license while ago (Jan 2020), and when i'm trying to register my LogViewPlus now i get:
"License is not valid for this version."

Does it mean that the license was only valid for the version of LWP at that time? Because is not explained in the "purchase" page:
All features enabled
One year of support
License is not transferrable
Purchaser is the end user

Any help is super appreciated.

Thanks!
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi,

You are probably trying to install on a new (previously unregistered) machine, or trying to install version of LogViewPlus which was released after the support period expired.

This is discussed on our purchase page, please see "What happens when support expires?": Existing installs will continue to work normally, but you will not be able to register on new machines or install the latest updates.  This is also stated in all customer communication emails including receipt of license key and renewal reminders.

We do occasionally get customers who feel they have purchased a lifetime license and are then frustrated when they discover otherwise.  This is frustrating for us as well because we have tried to communicate the license terms as best we can.  I think part of the problem is that we have a hybrid model where registered machines do not expire.  Customers sometimes confuse this with a lifetime license.  The alternative would be a subscription model or per-machine licensing.  Both of those models have their downsides.

Hope that helps,

Toby
dv1sual
dv1sual
Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks Toby,

I totally miss that, it makes sense.

Thanks for the help.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...