Request for Personal License to be more forgiving

Author
samaursa
Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am hoping that LogViewPlus makes the personal license a bit more forgiving by allowing one to install the application on a new machine after the 1 year support has expired. I am not looking to install a new version after the support has ended but an older version.

I realized this issue after I tried installing LogViewPlus on my new machine that I happened to get after the LogViewPlus support had expired. I must say that if I knew this is how the Personal License was structured i.e. I can use it on existing machines even after the support expired however I am unable to install it on my new machine, I would not have bought a license for personal use.

I would rather LogViewPlus limits the number of registered machines. That way I can remove my old registered machine and install the older version of LogViewPlus on my new machine.

I hope LogViewPlus reconsiders this particular restriction of the license for personal licenses.
Edited 8 Months Ago by samaursa
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Thanks for the feedback.

We try to strike a balance between high upfront cost required for 'own forever' software and the often frustrating SAAS 'rent never own' or per-machine based models. 

When you buy LogViewPlus you own it forever on all of your current machines. This is great for devops users who work with multiple servers as well as users with home and work computers. Many users appreciate the ability to freely register multiple instances of LogViewPlus, so I am not sure that per-machine licensing would be appropriate.

We also offer steep discounts on license renewals of 70% for one year or 75% for three years. Renewal fees are as low as $11.25 per year. Most of our users are software professionals, so it is easy for them to extract value from LogViewPlus far in excess of the renewal fee.

We believe our license model gives customers excellent value for money, but I understand it is not a perfect fit for all users.

Hope that helps,

Toby
samaursa
samaursa
Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)Gaining Respect (113 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I understand that LogViewPlus may not want to spend resources on another license model. However, if you ever revisit this, please consider another license that allows perpetual use of a particular version of LogViewPlus with (to keep it fair for LogViewPlus) restrictions on how many machines it can be installed on. As it stands, I was not able to convince a lot of my colleagues to buy LogViewPlus based on the restriction of the Personal License.

Thanks for taking the time to reply even though it's not exactly what I was hoping to hear Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...