Open multiple files with same name

Author
Chris Martin
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm running LogViewPlus 3.0.22.
Yesterday I turned on the setting  'Run only one application instance'.  I had recently gotten a new computer and was frustrated that unlike my previous computer, every time I opened a log file, it would launch a new window.  This setting corrected that problem.  Then this morning I went to open two log files from different locations, but with the same name.
If I browse to the location in file explorer and double click the second file or click and drag it on to the LogViewPlus window, it works as expected.  But if I try to use the 'Open Log File' function and choose the second file from the recent file list, it does not open.  It closes the dialog and focuses on the already open file with the same name.

Thanks,
Chris
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Chris,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

LogViewPlus uses a URI to determine if a file is already open, so I wouldn't expect the file name on it's own to be a problem.  Can you tell me anything else about the files you are trying to open?  Do they exist on your local computer?  Maybe LogViewPlus is assigning them the same URI even though the files are in different locations.

I was not able to recreate this issue when testing against a local drive.

Thanks again,

Toby
Chris Martin
Chris Martin
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Toby,
Thanks, yes pretty much all the files I open are on network locations.  They are on different servers and I'm referencing them by UNC name.

Thanks,
Chris
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...