monitoring dynamic table

Author
bespalex
Junior Member (84 reputation)Junior Member (84 reputation)Junior Member (84 reputation)Junior Member (84 reputation)Junior Member (84 reputation)Junior Member (84 reputation)Junior Member (84 reputation)Junior Member (84 reputation)Junior Member (84 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello:
I am just starting to use Logview, so far this is impressive thank you.
Is there a way to monitor a csv file that is constantly changing? Like it has 10-20 rows of text, and they are updated constantly, or should I say rewritten with a new set of rows. So it's not accumulating a timeline like a normal log file, but rather a dynamic table reflecting current state.
What happens now, with every update Logview seems to concatenate the content of the file with itself, so I need to press reload every time to see the actual current content. I guess there's a setting somewhere that I missed. Please help.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Thanks for the feedback.  Glad to hear you are finding LogViewPlus helpful.

LogViewPlus is written to target forward read-only data sources.  The base expectation is that new log entries are written in sequential order and once written a log entry should never change.

Detecting changes to an existing log entry is not supported.

In this case, I suspect LogViewPlus is treating the new data as a rolled log file which could be causing data corruption.  The easiest solution here would be to disable tail for the log file and refresh manually when needed with F5.

Hope that helps,

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...