Use Environment Variables in Application

Author
remo0033
Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In Open Log File > Monitor Directory there is a field called Directory where the user can specify the folder path.

If I provide an absolute path, I can validate and then proceed.

However, if I use an environment variable to get to the same path, it doesn't work.

Not a big deal... but it would be great to be able to use environment variables, anywhere in the app where applicable, because it provides greater flexibility.

-Remo
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Remo,

Yes - I think being able to use environment variables here is a good idea.  I will see what I can do for the next release.

In the meantime, I would recommend you use the navigation bar at the top of the window - which does accept environment variables.

Thanks for the feedback! 

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Remo,

We have just released LogViewPlus v2.3.19 into BETA.  This version of LogViewPlus allows you to use an environment variable in the directory monitor path.

You can download the latest BETA release from:
https://www.logviewplus.com/download.html

Thanks again for the suggestion,

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...