Directory monitor tail open

Author
IVTH
Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
I have a folder that contains a collection of log files I want to view. Within the folder is a large number of logs with different names, so the directory monitor works great for it. However, the log files are a bit long so I don't necessarily need to see all of the file. 

I might be missing it, but is it possible to do a tail open on a monitored directory? For example, I would like I would like to open the last 25 kB of all files in a certain directory with the names "important-process-number-*.log".

Thanks!
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi,

I can see what you are trying to do and I think this functionality would make a lot of sense.  Unfortunately it is currently unsupported.

I will need to think about this one.  The trouble is that there are lots of ways to open a file and I do not want to further complicate directory monitoring.

Thanks for the feedback!

Toby
IVTH
IVTH
Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)Junior Member (58 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Totally understandable. Thanks
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...