Diff view between Log records

Author
ianvanwijk
New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
A couple of times I needed the functionality that I needed to compare two log records.
Now I copy it from LogViewPlus to something like Beyond Compare. But it would be nice to do it from the application.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Ian,

You can achieve this by configuring a compare tool and then using the "Compare Entries" command.  This is described here:
https://www.logviewplus.com/docs/commands.html

The configured tool needs to support an "arg1 arg2" command line signature where arg1 and arg2 are files to be compared.  I haven't used Beyond Compare, but I know that WinMerge supports this signature.

Hope that helps,

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...