Merged Log Files not working as expected (Multiple Merge Views being created)

Merged Log Files not working as expected (Multiple Merge Views being...
Author
remo0033
Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
LogViewPlus version: 2.4.3.0

Merged Log files are not working as expected.

I provide a File Name Pattern and would expect that all  files that match the criteria show up in one log file entry with the Merge Name specified.

So if I have 10 files with the pattern MyLogFile-yyyymmdd.log and my pattern is MyLogFile-*.log with the merge name MyLogFile, I should be able to view the log data for all 10 files (and all others that get created in the directory matching the pattern criteria thereafter) by clicking on the MyLogFile view. 

For the record, I've enabled Track All Files as well.

This is the behavior I'm seeing... when a new log file matching the criteria gets created in my log file directory, a new merge file view appears.

I was hoping all log files matching the pattern get associated with just the one merge file view.

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Thanks for the detailed bug report Remo.

I have recreated this issue on my end and can confirm that this is a bug.  We will get this fixed ASAP.  Hopefully, I will have a update for you in the next day or two.  I will post back here when the update is ready.

Thanks,

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
This issue is now resolved in the latest BETA release - v2.4.14.  This release is available on our download page.

Thanks again for reporting this issue Remo!  Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Thanks,

Toby
Edited 4 Years Ago by LogViewPlus Support
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...