Rename message column.

Author
BillG
Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
On occasion, some files used do not really have a message field. If a message field is not identified, then some of the sizing options are not available (grid View and message size). That also means horizontal scrolling cannot be turned on if needed for that file.
The problem is that identifying a field as the message field prevents you from naming the column. Sometimes, you just want to keep the column names as is.
 If the message field could be renamed (i.e. %m{whatever} ) this would be much more flexible in these situations. I could keep the columns named as received and still have the grid view and "message" size options.

Granted, in most cases the "Message" column header is fine….but not all cases.
Regards,
Bill G.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
I think that's a good idea Bill.  I even like the suggested syntax.  :-)  I will see what I can do for the next release and post back here when a beta release is available.

Thanks!

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Bill,

This feature has now been implemented and is available in the latest BETA release (v2.4.21).  You can download the latest BETA release from our download page at:  https://www.logviewplus.com/download.html

Thanks for the feedback!

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...