Date column keeps reappearing after being removed

Author
Zoltan Kelemen
Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
If I remove date column (being redundant, I'm looking at logs from the same day) with column manager, or from the right-click menu, if I switch views, the column reappears.

This does not seem to happen to any other columns (neither to built in columns such as time, or custom columns defined in the parser)

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Keli,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I am not able to recreate the behaviour on my side.  What version of LogViewPlus are you using?  I would recommend installing the latest BETA release as it is very close to release: https://www.logviewplus.com/download.html  

Thanks,

Toby
Zoltan Kelemen
Zoltan Kelemen
Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Latest released version, 2.4.18.

As an addition, this seems to apply only to a Merged view - I have about 15 large logs merged, ~50MBs / 50k lines each, with a multi-entry parser to top it.
With single log files (same parser even) does not seem to happen.

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Thanks for the update Keli.  

I am able to recreate the behaviour with merged files now.  I will need to take a closer look and post back when I have more information.

Thanks,

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Hi Keli,

I just wanted to let you know that we have now released LogViewPlus v2.4.26 into BETA.  This version of LogViewPlus address the issue with merge file column management you highlighted above.  You can download the latest beta version from:  https://www.logviewplus.com/download.html

Hope that helps.  Please let me know if you have any further questions or issues.

Toby
Edited 4 Years Ago by LogViewPlus Support
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...