Data store column mapping bug?

Author
Blaž Cegnar
Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am trying to add an SQL table as a data store and map its columns but the mapping does not work as expected. Here is the setup:

Already at validation window the columns are not mapped, but maybe this is expected behaviour:

This is when I open the log view:

Message column is empty. If I set a custom string column name (first picture) it gets ignored completely.
Edited 4 Years Ago by Blaž Cegnar
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Blaz,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

What version of LogViewPlus are you using and what database are you trying to connect to - Sql Server?  Also, what is the datatype for the 'Text' field?

I would recommend installing the latest BETA release.  There were a number of database related changes in this release.  You can download it from: https://www.logviewplus.com/download.html

Also, if you move to the 'File Transfers' tab in the bottom left corner of the application and right click, you should see a 'Show Transfer Log' command.  Does this log have any information?

Thanks,

Toby
Edited 4 Years Ago by LogViewPlus Support
Blaž Cegnar
Blaž Cegnar
Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)
I have v2.4.30.0.
Yes, SQL server. This is the table design:

I attached "File Transfers" log file.

I will try with the beta version.

Attachments
transferlog_29280_04.06.2020.log.zip (295 views, 898 bytes)
Edited 4 Years Ago by Blaž Cegnar
Blaž Cegnar
Blaž Cegnar
I can confirm the same issue in v2.4.31.0
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
That's strange. I just ran the BETA version to confirm the SQL connection - everything looks OK.  Our test DB uses a nvarchar(max) column - so I do think the column definition is the problem.

Anything in the transferlog file after the version update?
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Sorry - just noticed from your screenshot that the log entry does contain a message.  I assume the log entry is fine and the problem is just with the data appearing in the column?
Edited 4 Years Ago by LogViewPlus Support
Blaž Cegnar
Blaž Cegnar
Yes, the data is not appearing in the column.

But it does work in this example:

If I put "Message" as the String Column Name then the column is empty.

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Ok.  I am glad you have found a temporary workaround.  Let me look into this and get back to you.

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Hi Blaz,

I was able to recreate and fix this issue in the latest BETA version of LogViewPlus - v2.4.32.  You can download the BETA from: https://www.logviewplus.com/download.html

Thanks for bringing this problem to my attention!

Toby
Blaž Cegnar
Blaž Cegnar
Great, it works now. Thanks!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...