Parsing smsts.log file

Author
eugenius
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I'm trying to parse a smsts.log file, which is like below:
<![LOG[ log text mesage]LOG]!><time="16:33:53.212-60" date="06-11-2020" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="2168" file="downloadcontent.cpp:526">

I want to parse and display the text like below:
"log text mesage" in a "Log Text" column
"06-11-2020" and "16:33:53" if possible in a single "Date/Time" column, like "11.06.2020 16:33:53"  ;  if not, these can be in 2 separate "Date" and "Time" columns
"InstallSoftware" in a "Component" column
"2168" in a thread column

Can you please help me to get started?
I've tried with the Parser Wizard but, due to my inexperience, I can't get a valid configuration.

Thank you.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.  You can parse this file using a PatternParser with the pattern:

<![LOG[%m]LOG]!><time="%d{%H:mm:ss.fff%z}" date="%d{dd-MM-yyyy}" component="%S{component}" context="%S{context}" type="%S{type}" thread="%S{thread}" file="%S{file}">%n

This gives the output:

Hope that helps,

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)
Looking at this a bit more closely, there are a few issues.

The first is that the date column is missing and needs to be added manually.  I am not sure why this is happening - it could be a bug.  I will take a closer look and get back to you.  In the meantime, you can add the date column from the grid column context menu:

The second is the timestamp 16:33:53.212-60.  What is the "-60"?  I have not seen this format before.  I believe LogViewPlus will treat this as a timezone offset and subtract 60 hours - which doesn't make sense.  

Assuming -60 is constant with the log files you are viewing, you would get a better parse if you ignore it with:

time="%d{%H:mm:ss.fff}-60"

Hope that helps,

Toby

eugenius
eugenius
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Wow, it's perfect!

Yes, "-60" is constant. I don't know why it's configured this way.

Thank you very much.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Great - thanks for letting me know.  I will take a look at those other issues for the next release.

FYI, another option would be:
time="%d{%H:mm:ss.fff}-%s"

This puts the "60" into a string variable which is then ignored.  The advantage of this approach is that it allows any single word instead of a constant.

Thanks again,

Toby   
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
I just wanted to give you a quick update on this.  We have now released LogViewPlus v2.4.36 as a BETA release.  This version resolves the issue with the Date column not being initially visible (discussed above).

It's a minor issue - but I thought you might want to know.

Thanks,

Toby

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...