FTP server show wrong datetime

Author
Jared
New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi LogViewPlus,

I encounter a problem that if my server is at timezone UTC -4, and my client is at timezone UTC +8.
When I use FTP server on open file dialog, the time will show UTC +4.
Ex.
My client computer is 12:00 now
My server is 00:00 now
When I see the server time in open file dialog, LogViewPlus will show 08:00

Thanks,

Jared
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Thanks for reporting this issue Jared.

Can you please give me a sample date string along with the pattern you are using to parse the date?  I suspect there may be a mismatch between the data and the pattern.  It might also help to see a screenshot of how the date is displayed.

Thanks,

Toby
Jared
Jared
New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)
Hi

I'm not mean the parsed result is wrong.
I mean in the Open Log File dialog will show wrong Date Modified.

My computer is UTC +8, FTP Server is UTC -4
So I expect the correct Date Modified is 4:05 AM

thanks
Jared
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
I understand now.  Thanks for reporting this issue.

I have taken a look into the problem.  I can see that we are trying to convert the time provided by the server into local time - so the time should be displayed correctly in your local time.  I suspect what is happening is that the server is providing a timestamp without timezone information (local vs UTC) and when we try to convert it, we are doing so incorrectly because we are making bad assumptions.

I have put in a bug fix to only convert the time to local if the timezone is known.  If the timezone is unknown, the timestamp given by the server will be displayed as is.  This fix will be available in the next release (late August or early September).

Thanks again,

Toby

Edited 4 Years Ago by LogViewPlus Support
Jared
Jared
Hi LogViewPlus Support:

May I know the status of this bug?

many thanks.

Jared
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Hi Jared,

This issue has been fixed but not yet fully released.  However, the issue is fixed in the current BETA release.  Are you able to download and confirm?

The full release has been delayed, but we will be releasing releasing soon (mid-October latest).

Thanks,

Toby
Jared
Jared
Hi LogViewPlus Support:

After install beta version, I cannot connect to FTP server.

Transaction log show this one:  Trial license key for Rebex.Ftp not set. Please go to https://www.rebex.net/support/trial-key.aspx to get one and start your 30-day trial period.

Do I need to buy Rebex.Ftp to use FTP feature?

Jared
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Hi Jared,

Thanks for reporting this issue.  You should absolutely not need to buy Rebex as it is included with the LogViewPlus distribution. 

Something appears to be wrong with the installation of these libraries.  I have not seen this issue before.  Is it possible you installed Rebex separately from LogViewPlus?  Can you please try completely removing LogViewPlus and then re-installing the BETA?

Thanks,

Toby
Jared
Jared
Hi Toby,

It seems like LogViewPlus conflict with RoyalTS.
I try to completely remove LogViewPlus and re-install it, but not work.
And I remove RoyalTS then FTP feature back to normal.

The bug, modified date from FTP server is wrong, is fixed too.

Many thanks.

Jared
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Thanks for bringing this problem to my attention Jared.  I will discuss the problem with Rebex and see if anything can be done.  

I suspect the problem is specific to the version of Rebex used by both applications.  LogViewPlus installs the Rebex libraries into the GAC - so it should be sharing the libraries.  I guess this 'sharing' does not apply the the Rebex licensing code however. 

Glad to hear the dates are now being displayed correctly!  :-)  Thanks for confirming.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or issues,

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...