"To" date gets override by "From" date

Author
Blaž Cegnar
Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When I set the From date in the Open Log File window, the To date also gets set to the same date and hour. It should remain as it was.

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Blaž,

Thanks for the feedback.  This behavior is by design.  The idea is that the "from" date is set first and the "to" date should start at that point.  This does lead to some confusion when the "to" date is set first or when editing the "from" date - but I believe the confusion may be worth the convenience.

Hope that makes sense,

Toby
Blaž Cegnar
Blaž Cegnar
Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)
I see. I usually want to set the From date and expect the To date to be set for today/now. That would be the most convenient default setting for me.
Blaž Cegnar
Blaž Cegnar
Or to at least have a button for the To date to be set to Now.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
I think the button idea makes sense.  Let me have a think and see what we can do.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Hi Blaž,

I just wanted to let you know that we have now released LogViewPlus v2.4.42 into BETA available here:
https://www.logviewplus.com/download.html

This release revisits how we set dates in filters.  The dates will not longer be set automatically.  Instead, there is a drop down button with a number of different options.  I am not sure this solution is faster, but it is more flexible and easier to understand.

Thanks for the feedback!  Please let me know if you have any further questions or issues.

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...