Focus on the content window below the log view

Author
Blaž Cegnar
Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When the cursor is focused in the log entry content window below the low view, I would like to be able to select the text with home/end keys etc. When I e.g. press the ctrl + shift + end key to select a text line, the log view window moves to the end, which is not what I expect.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Thanks for the suggestion Blaz.  I think the key key combinations make a lot of sense and will see what we can do for the next release.

Thanks again,

Toby
Edited 4 Years Ago by LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Hi Blaž,

I investigated this problem for the current LogViewPlus release, but I was not able to recreate the issue.  Pressing CTRL+SHIFT+END selects all text and moves to the end.  I believe this is the correct behavior.

What behavior were you expecting?  What version of LogViewPlus are you using?

Thanks,

Toby
Blaž Cegnar
Blaž Cegnar
Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I tested now in the latest beta version. When I have a log open with many lines and a slider on the right, I first go to the last log line. Then I click in the log line content window at the bottom and press SHIFT + HOME, the line is selected but then also immediately the log view scrolls to the top and then that line is displayed in the log content window at the bottom, so my selection is gone. I would expect the focus to stay in the bottom log content window after I click on it.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Thanks for the clarification Blaž.

I have been able to recreate this issue.  In the next release, I will disable the global HOME and END key shortcuts when the text area has focus.  I will post back here when the fix is available.

Thanks again,

Toby
Edited 4 Years Ago by LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Hi Blaž,

I just wanted to let you know that we have released LogViewPlus v2.4.43 into BETA.  This version of LogViewPlus resolves the issue of using the Home and End keys when in the log entry text area.

Hope that helps.  Thanks for bringing this problem to our attention!

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...