Default Columns

Author
frassquatch
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is there a way to set default columns? Every time I open a new file it defaults to a setup that's no prefered. I'd love to be able to give it a new set of defaults. 

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi,

You cannot set default columns, but you can modify the columns after the initial file is loaded.  Column modifications are saved with the parser configuration, so you should only need to do this once per configuration.

It may be that what is happening is that you are creating a different parser configuration for each file - even though the underlying format is the same.  If this is the case, try setting a more generic file name pattern. 

Hope that helps,

Toby
frassquatch
frassquatch
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
THanks! I'm using a pretty generic parser. but more specifically I want the Log file column to pop up when I combine a bunch of files and I always have to do it manually. I don't see this in the parser wizard
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
That's a little bit trickier.  With Merged files, there is no way to save the column settings.

However, the log file is color coded to the left of the log entry grid.  Please see:
https://www.logviewplus.com/docs/merge_log_files.html

Does that help?

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...