Issue with navigating in the Log Files & Filters list with multiple logs with the same name

Issue with navigating in the Log Files & Filters list with multiple...
Author
AndreasP
I'm into this (247 reputation)I'm into this (247 reputation)I'm into this (247 reputation)I'm into this (247 reputation)I'm into this (247 reputation)I'm into this (247 reputation)I'm into this (247 reputation)I'm into this (247 reputation)I'm into this (247 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Toby,

today I loaded two log files with the same name, but from different directories (and different contents).
When selecting the logs or filters in the Log Files & Filters list, the selection was sometimes jumping to the wrong log file.

Please try the following. Open the same log file twice from different directories. For each file create a simple identical filter.
Now try to navigate between the two files or filters.

Regards
Andreas
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Andreas,

Thanks for bringing this problem to our attention. 

I have noticed this issue as well, it was introduced in v2.5.  We have identified the cause, but have not yet been able to implement a fix.  This is a top priority for us and we should have a fix out early next week.

In the meantime, the best solution I can recommend is to rename one of the files.  You can rename the file in LogViewPlus - the physical name does not need to change.

Thanks,

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Andreas,

I just wanted to let you know that this issue has been resolved in the latest BETA release - v2.5.7.

Thanks again for bringing this problem to our attention.

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...