Structuring log entries

Author
aidoski
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I'm currently evaluating LogViewPlus and are trying to understand if it is possible to show structures logs (tree like view) ?
The logged message would have an ID somewhere the message, then the root would be based on this Id and all other messages would be sorted by date.

Regards,
Aleksandar

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Aleksandar,

If you do a search for one of the IDs, you should see a tree view containing your search results.  It sounds like what you want to do is search for all of your IDs.  Is this correct?

If you are able to isolate your message ID into a column, then you can do this by searching the column 'By Value'.  Select all values with '*' and then make sure to specify that a new filter should be created for each value.  

Hope that helps,

Toby
aidoski
aidoski
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
The above feature is cool. I would like not to filter it but to group it. For instance if i select a column (in my case group ID) then all the records should be in that group with the first record shown and the rest available on click off that first record.

Regards,
Aleksandar 

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Thanks for the clarification Aleksandar.

LogViewPlus is filter oriented.  Child filters always contain a subset of the information contained in the parent.  

It sounds like you are looking for something more like a call stack - where the parent is a wrapper around the child entries.  This is not something that LogViewPlus supports.

What I would suggest is that you try to use filters to accomplish your task.  If you are able to get a filter to work the way you want, send me a screenshot and I may be able to provide a better solution.

Hope that helps,

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...