Log Line Number Issue

Author
ahdung
New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When I close and restart my program, LVP will generate the wrong log line number, must Reload File to fix it, please help.

ahdung
ahdung
New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)
log file is txt, and LVP version is 2.4.18.0
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi,

v2.4.18 is an old release.  I definitely think it is worth upgrading to the latest BETA version - v2.5.11.  The latest beta is stable and we plan to make it the main release later this week.  

The line numbers shown are not necessarily incorrect.  Where you see a gap in line numbers, can you please confirm those log lines exist on a single line?  Line numbers indicate the line where the log entry started and can be verified in another program that supports line numbers - such as Notepad++.

Also, can you please confirm your grid columns are unsorted?

Hope that helps,

Toby
ahdung
ahdung
If you have not encountered this problem, then it will not magically disappear in the new version.
I understand what you mean, I'm sure the log file is one line == one entry, and no filter and order in LVP, actually [Reload File] can fix this issue, so it is really a issue.

My project is asp.net core 5.0 webapi, use Serilog.Extensions.Logging.File, just run and close, and rerun reclose, you'll got it.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Work has been done to the line numbering logic since the 2.4.18 release.  I have tested with multiple log files and line numbers appear to be working correctly in the latest release.

Another possible source for this issue is if the parser is not configured correctly.  In this case, log entries may be joined together and you would see the line number reporting shown.  When suggesting that the log entries span multiple lines, I mean the log entries as parsed by LogViewPlus.  This might be worth checking before upgrading.  If the problem is configuration related, an upgrade would not help.

If the above suggestions do not help to narrow the problem down, the next step would be for me to recreate the problem locally.  Can you please send me a section of your log file which results in incorrect line numbering along with your parser configuration?  You can contact us via email if that helps.

Thanks for reporting this issue,

Toby

ahdung
ahdung
open new file or reload file can't show problem, well, i'll try to upgrade, if have any news, i'll report to you. Thank you, have a good day.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...