How to search for empty / blank values in specific columns?

Author
Zoltan Kelemen
Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)Gaining Respect (103 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I have some log files that I parse with multi-line pattern parsers, to handle optional fields. This works just fine.

However, I wanted to search for lines that do not have any value for an optional column. 
The text filter dialog does not allow me to submit it with an empty "Find" field, and I couldn't find any special expression to be used in the documentation.

Any suggestion how I could do this?
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Keli,

Unfortunately, searching for an empty string is currently unsupported.  I can see where this functionality is helpful and will make sure we add it to the next release.

In the meantime, the only solution I can think of is to group the target column.  This should provide a list of empty grouped items.

Hope that helps,

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Zoltan,

Just going through old issues and I noticed that this one has not been closed.  We actually fixed this issue several months ago.  You can search for an empty value in a column by searching the column 'By Value':

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.  Hope that helps,

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...