Group: Forum Members
I ran into an issue that I solved, but that I think could probably be mitigated against. I read several different log files and I download a lot of copies with the same name, so my log files end up having the name:
That happens a lot, so I set my parser's file name pattern to be:
And that does a great job! The problem is, I just went to save an analysis package of a bunch of logs I was looking through, and when I tried to re-open that package, LogViewPlus tried to use my customized parser instead of the comma-deliminated one that should be used for an analysis package. This is because the log file in the package was renamed:
But it still matched the logFile.log* argument!
I looked and I didn't see a specific parser for .lvp files, so I couldn't bump it up in the priority list of Parser Mappings. I ended up solving this problem by making a regex for my personal parser so that it wouldn't accidentally apply to .lvp files anymore, but I figured I'd put in a feature request for a way to properly handle .lvp files, especially when they're coming from an analysis package.