Parser Support for opening Analysis zip files

Author
Memnarch1113
New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi folks,
I ran into an issue that I solved, but that I think could probably be mitigated against. I read several different log files and I download a lot of copies with the same name, so my log files end up having the name:

logFile.log (2)

That happens a lot, so I set my parser's file name pattern to be:

logFile.log*

And that does a great job! The problem is, I just went to save an analysis package of a bunch of logs I was looking through, and when I tried to re-open that package, LogViewPlus tried to use my customized parser instead of the comma-deliminated one that should be used for an analysis package. This is because the log file in the package was renamed:

logFile.log.lvp

But it still matched the logFile.log* argument!

I looked and I didn't see a specific parser for .lvp files, so I couldn't bump it up in the priority list of Parser Mappings. I ended up solving this problem by making a regex for my personal parser so that it wouldn't accidentally apply to .lvp files anymore, but I figured I'd put in a feature request for a way to properly handle .lvp files, especially when they're coming from an analysis package.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Memnarch,

The problem makes sense and it should be an easy fix on our end.  I will make sure this gets resolved in the next release.

Just to let you know, *.lvp files are a built in type so they are not explicitly listed in the Parser Configuration settings.  This is by design and normally works well, but I can see why it caused confusion in this case.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention!

Toby

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Memnarch,

I just wanted to let you know that this issue has been resolved in the latest LogViewPlus beta release v2.5.44.   

Thanks for your help identifying this issue!

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...