.xsd schema for xml parser rule set

Author
Sunny
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi! I really really see the potential in this cosy software!
I have some issue to get the perfect .xml ruleset tho, i have a .xsd schema that i would like to use, but not sure if its possible?
Or can you in the regular parser only point out certain attributes and not in wich order they come in and what structure the .xml is in. Just check the values for certain attributes
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the feedback.

LogViewPlus does not support parsing XML log files by schema.. Our approach is to extract fields as requested by the user based on a sample log entry.  This helps maintain focus on a smaller set of columns than might be identified in the schema.  The order of declared fields will not impact parsing. 

For more information, please see:
https://www.logviewplus.com/docs/xml_parser.html

Hope that helps,

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...