Integer Column

Author
Email User
Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I'm parsing a file with time statistics to determine which operations are taking the longest.  I'd like to be able to sort descending on the column in question, but it's sorting alphabetically instead of numerically.  For instance 9987 is before 124689.  I'd be really nice to see the ability to sort numerically as well if there's no alpha characters in the column.

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I understand what you are trying to do and this is not something that is currently supported by the application. What is needed is a new ‘integer’ column type which works the same way as the current ‘string’ column (%s). This is something that we have been looking to add. I will prioritize this work and see if I can get something out for you in the next few days.

Thanks!

Toby

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
I just wanted to let you know that our latest BETA release – v2.3.6 – supports sorting numeric columns. The implementation is a bit different than what was discussed below and there is nothing you need to do on your side – the columns should just sort correctly now.

Thanks,

Toby

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...