2.6.5 - Missing vertical scroll bar in message window

Author
richard
Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I upgraded today from 2.5.14 to 2.6.5 and notice the vertical scroll bar in the message window is not showing

I can scroll with keyboard navigation
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Richard,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

We have made significant changes to this  control recently (in the 2.6 release I think), but have not had any similar issues reported.

I just did some testing and was able to briefly recreate the issue while changing skins.  A restart resolved the issue and I was not able to recreate a second time.  I will need to investigate further and get back to you.

In the meantime, are you able to resolve the issue with a restart or by changing selection (try selecting multiple rows)?  What application skin are you using?

Thanks again,

Toby

Edited 2 Years Ago by LogViewPlus Support
richard
richard
Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)Junior Member (55 reputation)
I have tried switching skins and nothing changed.
I have now restarted and the the scroll bar is back.

richard
richard
As a further update I have now observed it disappears for selected messages
The data i happen to be viewing is xml with the 'pretty print' turned on

I have tried switching to 'unformatted' and then navigating between message rows to refresh the message window and the scrolls bar returns

switching back to 'xml' and I can make the scroll bar disappear

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Thanks for the update Richard - that's a big help.  I will need to investigate further, but hopefully we can get a fix in for the next beta release due early next week.
richard
richard
Not sure whether it is significant but i see a 'loading' message briefly in the 'message' pane for the ones where the scroll bars don't appear

I will continue to watch for this and other patterns of behaviour
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Hi Richard,

I just wanted to let you know that we have now released LogViewPlus v2.9.3 as a beta release.  This release addresses the scrollbar issue discussed above.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We normally like to fix regressions like this very quickly, but unfortunately this change was tied into LogViewPlus v3.0 features that we have been working on for some time.  The current beta release is a very early preview of these features - there is still a lot of work outstanding and we do not anticipate having a full release available until Sept at the earliest.  It is likely there will be another beta release (v2.9.4) late tomorrow, but I wanted to make you aware of this fix as soon as possible.

Hope that helps.  Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention and please do let me know if you have any further questions or issues.

Toby

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
After further testing, it appears that this issue still exists as of the v2.9.5 BETA release.  I was able to consistently reproduce the issue today when viewing large log entries.  I have implemented another fix which will be available in the next BETA release due early next week.

Sorry we couldn't get this fixed on the first try, but hopefully the issue will be resolved in the next release.

Toby

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Following up on a the post above, the issue appears to be resolved in the v2.9.6 BETA release.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...