Time-Filter got wrong format?

Author
Holz
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi!

Maybe this is just a user related error, but I am trying to filter my logentries' Time column. But I can only set a date-format-value into the filter-form like seen here:

My expectation for that mask would be a data-corresponding format. So in this case the format should be '00:00:00.000' for proper filtering.
Is this a bug, or am I just too stupid to use that filter? :
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Holz,

I can confirm that this is a bug.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

The problem here is the filter works by date without the ability to set the time.  We will look into this for the next release (early next week).

In the meantime, an easier way to filter by time would be to create a date filter.  There are several ways to do this, but the 'Filter After' context menu is usually a good option (CTRL+Down Arrow):

The created filter can then be edited for more precision if necessary.

Hope that helps,

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Holz,

I just wanted to let you know that we have now released LogViewPlus v3.0.1 as a BETA release. This release resolves this issue with auto-filtering by the Time column.

Note that the filter shows all log entries after that point in time as a date is being used.  In other words, If you have two days worth of logs, the filter will show all logs after a point in time rather than all logs after 3:00 PM.

By default, the date will be the current date (today), but this can be changed by editing the auto filter.

Hope that helps. Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention.

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...