Option to show control characters

Author
chan
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is there a way to get control characters to show up in logviewplus?   This is useful when showing output from e.g. serial communication logs.
This is what it looks like in logviewplus

And what it looks like in vscode:

Note the "ESC" symbol, which is ASCII 27.
This is the vscode option that toggles whether those are rendered, otherwise they show up as :

Thanks!
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Chan,

Thanks for the feedback. 

I have just done a bit of research on the issue and I think the problem is the font you are using to display the characters rather than the characters themselves.  "" is a common symbol that fonts use to display a character when no character could be found.

I think the only other thing we could do here is convert control characters to their Unicode representations.  For example:  ESC is "\u001b".  This is still cryptic, but it would at least give you an idea of what is being displayed. 

Hope that helps,

Toby
Edited 2 Years Ago by LogViewPlus Support
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...