Icons Rendering Very Large

Author
ReallyBadDancer
New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When using LogViewPlus on my new machine, the icons render extremely large and take up too much screen space. Worse, the windows are also so large that the buttons at the bottom, such as "Cancel," "Next," "OK," etc are all cut off, making the application more or less useless. Tried downloading and installing 3.0.6 with no luck.

ReallyBadDancer
ReallyBadDancer
New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)
It looks like I needed to turn off "dynamic display resolution scaling." 
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Disabling resolution scaling is indeed the correct solution to this problem.

However, I am not sure why you are seeing this problem at all.  LogViewPlus should be smart enough to scale, or (as of 3.0.2) disable scaling itself. 

Can you please tell me more about how your screens are setup?  Including:
 - What Windows version?  This can be found by running the winver command from the Run menu (Win+R).
 - How many screens and at what display scaling?  150%, 200%?
 - Importantly, what is the configuration of your 'main' display?  This is the screen which displays the taskbar.

This information would really help in determining where the problem might be.  This problem has been plaguing us for awhile, but we have been unable to recreate it in our test environment.

Thanks,

Toby

ReallyBadDancer
ReallyBadDancer
Can do:
  • Windows 10 Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.2364)
  • Dual Monitor Setup with a very large gaming monitor (res 2560x1440) as the primary, and a much smaller and older monitor (1920x1080) as the secondary.
  • Scaling is 100% / 100%

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...