The general settings section contains configuration options which affect the overall behavior of LogViewPlus.
Startu-p settings allow you to specify:
1. LogViewPlus can check for updates automatically on start-up. Checking for updates automatically can be disabled by setting the 'OfflineMode' flag in the application configuration file. This will also disable manual error reporting.
2. LogViewPlus can start in full screen mode with the ribbon minimized. You can also run LogViewPlus in full screen mode by pressing F11.
3. LogViewPlus can start with the window maximized.
4. LogViewPlus can automatically open the last known workspace on start-up. This setting is helpful if you frequently work with the same log files.
5. LogViewPlus can run as a single application instance. If set, starting the application a second time will cause the first application instance to be displayed. This setting is recommended. Changing this option will require an application restart.
6. LogViewPlus can save and restore to the same window position. This setting can only be enabled if you are running LogViewPlus in single instance mode.
7. LogViewPlus can run from the Windows notification area. If enabled, closing LogViewPlus will minimize the application to the notification area. You can exit LogViewPlus by using the appropriate menu command from the notification icon popup menu. This setting can only be enabled if you are running LogViewPlus in single instance mode.
8. If LogViewPlus should run as a top most window. If selected, LogViewPlus will run above other windows. Set this to true if you want LogViewPlus to always be visible.
View settings allow you to specify:
1. The default action when you double click a filter. This can be set to either edit the filter or expand / collapse the tree node. If the node has no children, double-clicking will always result in an edit action.
2. If the escape key (ESC) can be used to close a view. A view can be either a filter or a log file. Note that the delete key can always be used to close a view.