Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Support

Author
Phanabani
New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello!

I would like to use your software (I'm using the free trial currently), but I'm unable to open log files under WSL's mounted \\wsl$\ drive, detailed here. I can't find any existing info about WSL support in LogViewPlus.

For example, I'm trying to open a file located at \\wsl$\Ubuntu\home\phanabani\test.log, which translates to the Ubuntu system path /home/phanabani/test.log, and LVP just refuses to acknowledge that that path exists. I also tried right clicking the file and using Open With, but that just resulted in a normal, empty LVP startup.

I'm using BareTail (an application from 2006), and it's able to open files under this drive, so I'm surprised LogViewPlus can't! Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Phanabani
Phanabani
New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Toby!

Thanks for your response. I tried drag & dropping the WSL file onto LogViewPlus and nothing happened, but I realized the issue was actually because I'm using a 3rd party file browser (XYplorer). When I used Windows' file explorer and drag & dropped, it worked!

The issue was using an (apparently?) deprecated mounted drive named \\wsl$\, when I should have been using a newer \\wsl.localhost\ (making the valid path \\wsl.localhost\Ubuntu\home\phanabani\test.log). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Edited Last Year by Phanabani
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...