Trouble using the real time TCP logging feature

Author
Antisoci@l
New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear LogViewPlus Support and Community,

We are testing out the software. We would like a fast off-line real time local log viewer running on the window system. I believe the implemented TCP and UDP data source feature is for this purpose.

I wrote some code with NLog constantly writing logs to "tcp://localhost:4505". However, I am having trouble to let the LogViewPlus software to pick up my log real time when I am running my program.

Here is my NLog Configuration File:

Here is the simple Program.cs logging the message to port 4505:

While I am running the program, I am struggling to let the LogViewPlus app to pick up the real time log.

Here is what I have in the LogViewPlus setting:

I have also taken a look at the frequently asked questions, I made sure the app is not blocked by window. I right clicked on the exe and into property to make sure of that. I am also able to view nlog files stored in the drive using LogViewPlus. However, just have not gotten the TCP real time feature to work for me yet.

I would like to have it eventually set up when my app runs, the embedded logs in my app will constantly be sent to localhost port 4505, but only when I want to view the logs if some processes went wrong, I could open up LogViewPlus to diagnose real time on what processes my app is going through and able to Trace or Debug.

UDP might be fine as well (prefer to go with TCP), but I have not given UDP a try yet.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Antisoic@l
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...