App install

Author
Mario84
New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I have an older version installed on my Windows 10 Enterprise. Now, I am interested in updating, but Windows is providing this error.
This app can't run on your pc at any

Any ideas ?

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Mario,

I have not seen that error before and there shouldn't be any issues with installing on Windows 10. 

Are you trying to install 3.1.6?  Do you have .Net 4.8 or greater installed?  What is the full error message you are seeing?  Also, could it be a permission or policy issue?

Thanks,

Toby
Mario84
Mario84
New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)
it is activated

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)
LogViewPlus should not have any issues with running on Windows 10 Enterprise and the error message you are seeing is coming from Windows - not LogViewPlus.  This makes me think there is something going on with your permissions or policy settings.

Can you try installing LogViewPlus as an administrator?  

Also, have you tried running the install in compatibility mode?  To do this, right-click the app executable file and select Properties. Click the Compatibility tab and then select Run.

Hope that helps,

Toby
Mario84
Mario84
ok not working... Will check with our it team... I still have 3.0.x installed so not sure why i got now this errors from windows....
thanks
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Are you having problems installing, or running the application?

In v3.1 we upgraded to use .Net v4.8.  This is important when running the application.  However, if this were the issue, I would expect a different error message.

We have also upgraded the installer version that we use.  We use the same configuration, so I wouldn't expect this to cause an issue, but possibly the upgraded installer is somehow invalid for Windows 10 Enterprise.  If this were the case, I would really expect an error from the installer - not Windows.
Edited 2 Months Ago by LogViewPlus Support
Mario84
Mario84
installation is the problem I de-install the old version and try the new version. Same error....
Mario84
Mario84
it used now the zip version and it was working.
Thanks for all helpo
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Thanks for the update Mario, glad to hear you found a solution. 

I suspect the problem may have been that the downloaded *.exe file was blocked in Windows.  For anyone else finding this post, another way to address the issue may be to unblock the downloaded *.exe file in the File -> Properties dialog.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...